Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Birthday

I'm 22 today...but I feel like at least 25...so then its like a nice bonus to remember that I've got three extra years...Anyway, it was a good day...third day back to work, but first day with students, only freshman, but still. They are so cute...very scared it seemed, the whole new high school thing, but I'm sure it won't last. Now come the dreaded couple of weeks when I struggle to learn and pronounce 150 new names!! I wish I could just fast forward this part, but then again, it is an invaluable time to get to know the kids and to set the tone.

Overall, these last three days I have just reminded me why I like this job so much! 5 of my kids from last year came to find me and it was so fun to catch up a bit and just to feel special that they wanted to visit :) When I am in my classroom I am soooo in my element, I just love it. I am so comfortable there - I can't wait to get to know my new classes better. Plus, I love love love my coworkers - they are like my second family - so far I have met four new teachers - two English and two math. The math guys are cute and single, which is even more fun :) We all went out for happy hour to celebrate many occasions and, well you know, to happy hour :) Three were celebrating their tenure, one her 5 year anniversary of being cancer free, two their first day as new teachers, and me my birthday. Fun Fun. But alas...an even bigger day awaits me tomorrow. Better get a few winks...

1 comment:

C the Maven said...

Happy b-day (one day late)!!! You don't look a day over 18! :)