Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lacrosse

So...Yesterday was my first lacrosse practice. I'm coaching freshman girl's lacrosse, and when I say first practice, I mean first practice - ever. I played soccer...not lacrosse. So, needless to say, it's been interesting :) I held a lacrosse stick for the first time on Wednesday, and now suddenly I'm supposed to be able to teach freshman, some of whom have also never played, the rules and strategies and fundamentals of the game. Here's what I know so far - cutting, dodging, switching, cradling, throwing, catching. But when I say "know" I do not mean to suggest "can do" myself! HA! Well, actually, it hasn't been that bad. I've watched some videos, read some books, and the three other coaches are helping. It's fun mostly, but still a little stressful :)

1 comment:

C the Maven said...

Kewl!!! I wanna learn!