Saturday, July 29, 2006

Friday at the Beach

I'm hear visiting my friend B, who is getting her PhD in micro biology at Stanford..and even though I'm on vacation, she is techinically supposed to be working. So I hope I haven't been keeping her from her duties too much, but she did take a long weekend with me starting Friday. After sleeping in, we headed to the beach, somewhere between Santa Cruz and Montery Bay I think. It was a little windy, but the sun shared its rays a few times while we were there. I was determined to sun bath in my actual bathing suit, but B was bundled up in her sweatshirt for most of the time :) Anyway, we spent a few hours there, chatting, reading, and snoozing (not swimming as apparently the water is rarely warm enough in northern CA and also shark infested??). It was nice to lay out and relax, but we headed back aroun 4:00 to make it back for happy hour with B's bio department. After meeting several of B's friends and colleauges (and a very cute mormon boy who really likes to talk about himself and his dating escapades...), we had a nice dinner at Chevy's - very similar to Don Pablos - where I tried flauta's for the first time. Yum. A little while later we headed out to some English bar, the Rose and Crown, but I was pretty worn out and ready for bed after my extra large English Cider, which B helped me finish...

No comments: