Friday, August 11, 2006

The forest philosophy: Digging myself out one leaf at a time

All of a sudden, I got very confused – I entered an unknown land – I was lost – no background to process my thoughts. All the tree fell down. I didn’t recognize anything.

I was in a forest. A dark forest. No light. The cave was closing in on me. All the trees fell down.

(So I should run, run away as fast as I can, run far far away from the trees and my thoughts. Run).

No, dig yourself out. And climb. Climb up. Climb. Out. Grab on to a branch. Pull up. Hold on. Look, a bird. Okay, I recognize the bird. Something familiar. And there, a little raccoon. We will sit and perch and chat – some common ground.

I look around, from my view above the fallen trees. People walking around. There are other people in the forest? Where all the trees fell down?

What about the people who are not in the forest? Who are these people who are not in the forest? How can you not be in the forest?

When all the leaves fall down. Run? Maybe. No. Maybe. Not today. Dig myself out. One leaf at a time.

1 comment:

C the Maven said...

What a beautiful post! Very poetic. I love the image of the bird and the raccoon (don't forget about the squirel(s) - all forests have squirels). ;)