Friday, February 23, 2007

5 Year Plan

Recently, I have been quite convinced that I can't do what I am doing too much longer - I give myself about 5 years. I love my students, I love my colleagues, I love my material, I love great conversation, and I love impacting lives, but I hate the politics, the red tape, the incompetency, the inconsistency, and the bureaucracy. I hate the system. So, I need a plan. I'm not clinging to the plan. It could change tomorrow or in five years and a day, but I need a plan nonetheless - a plan that is practical yet visionary, determined yet flexible - a plan that I hold in my open hand, not my closed fist.

During the next five years, I want to...

  • Gain more teaching experience at North
  • Continue my literacy research (Advanced Academic Literacies Course)
  • Pursue a Master's in Educational Leadership/Curriculum Development
  • Pursue a Supervisor/Principal Certification
  • Present at the National Literacy Convention
  • Publish my first book
  • Publish articles in education journals
  • Pursue Literacy Consultant opportunities
  • Design and lead seminars

After that???

  • PhD in Literacy Education?
  • Administrative position in curriculum development?
  • AIDS relief in Africa?
  • Get married and have babies?
  • Own a little Bed and Breakfast and write books on the beach?
  • Change the world?

No comments: