Thursday, February 22, 2007

morning thoughts

I regularly wake up debating with myself whether I should get out of bed. Which call will I listen to - Duty or Depression? Most days I choose to be dutiful. I get up. I go to work. I teach. I usually even enjoy my day. I usually even wonder why I wake up feeling like I do when I feel so positive later on. Most days...

Tuesday I did not choose duty. I am very persuasive - sometimes I can even convince myself...

Wednesday, therefore, was a looooong day. But good, productive, enjoyable, tiring. And since I worked so hard, I somehow thought it would be a good idea to play equally hard - and long - into the wee hours of the morning.

Thus, today it was especially hard to choose duty - after two hours of sleep :) But I did. Yes, I was operating on pure adrenaline, but what a day!! I, along with 5 other literacies teachers, took 17 students to FunPlex to celebrate their accomplishments during the semester. So fun. Laser Tag - Go Carts - Roller Coaster Simulators, FreeFall, DDR, Arcades :) How fun to bond with them on such a different level. I teach great kids, I really do. I want to wake up believing this truth.

5 comments:

The Master of Master Key said...

I hope trying to figure out my identity didn't factor into your decision to stay home Tuesday. If it did, please forgive me for the indiscretion.

FunPlex sounds fun! *begin best whiny voice* Can I come next time? Please? PLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE? The students will never know...after all, I totally look like I'm in high school! :-) *end voice*

Lauren Sheldon said...

No worries - your little puzzle was not a factor.

And yes - FunPlex was sooo fun. But...hmmm...I'm not so sure you would blend in as well as you suggest :P

The Master of Master Key said...

Awww...at least give me a chance! True story:

Back when I was involved in Navigators at Illinois, we met in a church's Sunday School room one year. At the end of one of our meetings, the room was being taken over by a bunch of 7th & 8th grade women for a sleepover. They were doing their usual being excited in that classic junior high high-pitched voice. I imitated that voice. After I was done, one of the kids looked at me and said:

"You do that way too well."

So see? I could fit in! In fact, I'd be a bit too young :-).

Anonymous said...

i like your blogs.. why don't you update at all?

Anonymous said...

Please update your blogs again! I miss seeing your posts! They always put a smile on my face :)